Employees: approx. 900
Annual Revenue: approx. 260 million euros (2022)
Subsidiaries: Lüneburg and Tangermünde
Our long-standing customer, the owner-managed DE-VAU-GE Gesundkostwerk Deutschland GmbH, faced a number of challenges in its logistics, especially in the area of outbound transports: Communication with freight forwarders and suppliers was complex and time-consuming, as many processes were handled manually. This led not least to long waiting times, especially for the truck drivers, during loading on the plant premises. In addition, there was a lack of transparency regarding the deliveries of the manufactured goods to the customers, since no track & trace functionality was available. The high communication effort regarding transport orders and the limited ability to provide information in response to customer inquiries were further hurdles for which a new IT solution had to be found.
In order to improve communication along the entire supply chain and to automate the process of transport assignment, DE-VAU-GE now relies on myleo / dsc. With this, especially workflows of yard logistics were supported by the system and made transparent.
The solution at a glance
- EDI integration of the forwarding agents
- Freight order creation via API on the basis of customer orders
- Transport inquiry and confirmation by carriers via myleo / dsc
- Dynamic appointment scheduling based on number of slots
- Status messages on deliveries via tracking
- Notification of proof of delivery via myleo / dsc or EDI
“Against the backdrop of the conversion to SAP S/4HANA and the changed framework conditions for mapping transport processes, we needed a new solution that was independent of SAP. Networking with our suppliers and forwarders on the myleo / dsc platform gives us clear added value in terms of transparency and communication and helps strengthen our position as a leading food manufacturer.”Hartmut Schröder, IT Manager DE-VAU-GE Gesundkostwerk Deutschland GmbH
Communication with carriers and suppliers has been noticeably simplified by the introduction of myleo / dsc. Efforts in customer management have also been significantly reduced. By integrating with the existing SAP system, DE-VAU-GE was able to improve order allocation and avoid a costly addition of additional SAP accesses.
- Efficient capacity management thanks to continuous slot bookings
- Transport planning already based on customer orders instead of SAP transports
- Coordination with carriers significantly simplified
- Proof of delivery is reported promptly and not at invoicing time
Founded in 1899, DE-VAU-GE Gesundkostwerk Deutschland GmbH is a family-owned company and one of the largest manufacturers of breakfast cereals, muesli and bars in Europe. The company is committed to Germany as a business location. In addition to the EU, sales markets include the United Kingdom, the USA and Australia.