Increased Efficiency in Operational Logistics with Oracle and myleo / dsc
We live in a complex business environment. This is often described by the acronym "VUCA". VUCA stands for volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambivalence. The acronym is currently experiencing a real renaissance - it originally emerged in the USA in the 1990s and served to make the multilateral world tangible after the end of the Cold War. The current global political VUCA situation is also forcing organizations, teams and individuals to rethink their ways of working. And agile thinking and working methods in particular offer a good basis for dealing with the current challenges.
Transport and Yard Logistics Must Respond Flexibly to the VUCA World
Systems and solutions for process handling must be adaptable in order to be able to react to changes at short notice. This applies both to the onboarding of new service providers and to processes that need to be corrected at short notice. Continuous process improvement is moving into focus. To-be processes become as-is processes. These must be constantly re-evaluated and further developed in order to keep pace with the world and adapt to new circumstances. Not changing established processes over a period of five to ten years would lead to a decline in productivity compared with the competition - and the competition would overtake the company. The cooperation of all those involved in the process is very important here, because transport logistics in particular is a process based on the division of labor.
How VUCA Factors Affect Site and Transport Logistics
In terms of transport and yard logistics, this means, on the one hand, that there is an ever greater shortage of transport capacity, transport prices are rising and supply chains remain fragile. There are also signs of change in the market: Freight forwarders are terminating business relationships, for example, if no sustainable, electronic means of cooperation between shipper and freight forwarder is offered, or if throughput times for loading or unloading at a shipper's premises are too long.
This in turn leads to the latter being forced to view transport and site logistics processes as a single process and to digitalize it, as otherwise growth and revenue targets cannot be achieved. This results in cost pressure, which necessitates better planning and optimization of transports on the one hand, and the best possible and most cost-effective selection of forwarders and carriers on the other.
The Era of Fragmented Isolated Solutions is Over!
Attractive opportunities for collaboration are assumed - and better collaboration leads to higher efficiency. A "double typing" of information into different systems is no longer desired and not very productive. To save costs and work efficiently, a leading logistics document in digital form is needed to accompany the entire process. Fragmented silo solutions, media disruptions and the resulting transparency problems in the process, additional manual effort, unnecessary coordination, process-related gaps and, above all, lengthy projects are now a thing of the past.
Modern System Networks Must Meet High Demands
From a strategic point of view, it makes sense to avoid fragmented stand-alone solutions and instead rely on a system network. Various trends can already be identified today, which will continue to play a major role in the future:
- There is hardly a TMS request for proposal anymore without the components Dock & Yard Management, Carrier Collaboration as well as Real Time Transportation Visibility as well as Real-Time Transportation Visibility . Companies are already starting to think beyond classic TMS functions and to embrace an end-2-end view.
- In particular, it is about connecting and integrating various systems, people and peripherals (cameras, terminals, barriers, etc.) to digitalize processes to the maximum extent possible. The aim here is to map workflows without media discontinuities and to ensure a continuous flow of information for all those involved in the process.
- The transformation from the classic supply chain to the holistic supply chain network is already well advanced. API-based communication is no longer an innovation, but is on its way to becoming the standard. This is the only way to create transparency at all levels, from the individual material to the logistical object, the process information and finally to the business information. It is essential to make information usable where it is needed!
- Due to demographic change and the rapidly changing age structure, constant availability and high performance is not an added value, but a simple requirement. In their private lives, users have long been accustomed to results being displayed and recommendations for action being derived within milliseconds. Waiting times or cumbersome operation are no longer acceptable. Another important requirement is to contain the cognitive overload of employees and to work on an exception basis (management by exception).
Oracle and myleo / dsc: Powerful System Partnership for Powerful System Networks
The bottom line is to create a logistics system network that allows rapid change and flexible options for action as well as reflection of social and technological change. To expand the possibilities of our customers in this respect, Oracle is now a central partner of myleo / dsc. Together we provide business software based on state-of-the-art cloud technology.
Oracle, as the world's leading cloud software manufacturer, offers a Supply Chain Management Cloud Suite as a Software-as-a-Service solution in addition to various E2E business applications such as ERP systems, HCM and CX solutions.
The SCM suite consists of various best-of-breed modules that can support and visualize corresponding business processes end-2-end. Examples for these modules are the worldwide leading Oracle Transportation and Warehouse Management solutions. As a perfect complement, myleo / dsc provides, in addition to the Supplier Management component for cooperation with suppliers, a powerful Dock & Yard Management as well as Carrier Collaboration for cooperation with logistics service providers.
Yard management functionalities are assigned to the WMS at some companies and seen as part of a TMS at others. Through the new partnership, the Dock & Yard Management of myleo / dsc in combination with hardware can be flexibly integrated into Oracle WMS and TMS solutions and used by the end user as an E2E logistics solution that meets the logistical challenges of the VUCA world of today and tomorrow.
"With our myleo / dsc Yard Management partner solution, processes are designed transparently and managed in detail via hardware and software solutions in the yard - an ideal link between the Oracle Transport Management System and the Oracle Warehouse Management System. We are looking forward to our cooperation in Germany",
Holistic Mapping of Logistics Processes with Oracle and myleo / dsc
In addition, Oracle offers with its solutions a framework with corresponding algorithms in which the entire logistics process can be handled. Individual content for Track & Trace can be imported and processed by interfaces. myleo / dsc provides the maintenance of interfaces to service providers, which are then integrated into Oracle TM in a consolidated way and form the basis for Real-Time Transportation Visibility (RTTV). The end user does not have to care about interfaces anymore and sees his business process end-2-end mapped in only one application.
The partnership offer of Oracle and myleo / dsc is thus a modular solution that supports companies in mapping and managing their logistics processes holistically on one platform.
The capabilities of myleo / dsc at a glance
- Dock & Yard Management as a bridge between warehouse and transport (WMS and TMS)
- Holistic system network of Oracle SCM Suite and myleo / dsc
- Oracle Framework for RTTV: Feed tracking data for transparency along the supply chain
- Modern Process-as-a-Service technology: easy integration and predefined APIs
- Partner offer: modular structure of a modern system network
You might also like
New Partnership with GateHouse Maritime for Ocean Visibility in myleo / dsc
We warmly welcome GateHouse Maritime, one of the leading providers of visibility and predictability services for ocean supply chains, as a new member of our partner network!
Cut throughput times for truck processing
Stay in contact with drivers on your premises at all times and avoid misunderstandings and unnecessary waiting times!